Licenses & Permits

Building PermitCommunity Development - Building
Burning PermitFire Department
Commercial Building Inspection RegistrationFire Department
Electrical PermitCommunity Development - Building
Fence PermitCommunity Development - Planning & Zoning
Mobile Food Unit License (Food Truck Owner)Fire Department > Learn more about the Mobile Food Unit requirements
Mobile Food Unit Premise Permit (Property Owner)Fire Department > Learn more about the Mobile Food Unit requirements
Liquor LicenseCity Hall - Administration
Mechanical PermitCommunity Development - Building
Peddlers/Solicitors PermitCity Hall - Administration
Pet LicensePolice Department
Planning & Zoning Applications
This includes the following: Alley Vacation, Fence Permit, Final Plat, Flood Plain Development Application/Permit, Home Occupation, Minor Subdivision, Plat of Survey, Site Plan, Pre-Application Subdivision Conference, Preliminary Plat, Rezoning, Right-of-Way Vacation, Variance, Zoning Ordinance Amendment
Community Development - Planning & Zoning
Plumbing PermitCommunity Development - Building
Rental PermitCommunity Development - Planning & Zoning
Right-of-Way Construction PermitCommunity Services - Engineering
Sign PermitCommunity Development - Planning & Zoning
Special Event ApplicationFire Department
Street Closure > Block Party (includes the policy)City Hall - Administration 
Street Closure > Construction or Utility WorkPublic Works > View the City of Newton’s Street Closing Policy
Street Closure > ParadeCity Hall - Administration