Park Shelter & Pool Pavilion Reservations
Reservations may be made for the current calendar year only online and at the Community Services office beginning January 3rd, 2023.
The City of Newton has six shelters and the pool pavilion available for reservations. To reserve one of the facilities follow the instructions below.
- Click on the shelter and time period below that you would like to reserve.
- Once in the reservation form scroll down to calendar. You will see the current week showing. If you click on month you will see the current month's calendar. Then at the top of the calendar you will see an arrow pointing to the right which will show the upcoming month.
- Go to the month you want your reservation to see if date is available.
- If available that day, click on "reserve this facility" and fill in your rental date on both the "To and From" lines (note both dates must be the same, the rental times will automatically fill in). Note "It will say this facility only accepts All Day Reservations" and the box be checked but your reservation time is listed in the facility name. If you would like to rent all day you must reserve both time periods.
- Click on "Proceed as Guest."
- After choosing "Proceed as Guest" you will enter the information requested. To select additional optional features, please enter the number 1 in the quantity section for each feature you would like to add.
- Then click "Proceed to Check Out."
- Once payment is processed you will an email with your reservation information on it. To get a copy of the payment receipt be sure and click on print page after your payment has been submitted.
Reservations may be made for the current calendar year only.
The time periods available for rental vary so be sure to click on the correct time period you want.
Rental of the Maytag Park Pool Pavilion does not include admission to the pool.
There are also non-reservable shelters at various city parks. These shelters operate on a first-come basis.
See Policies and Rules for park rules and visitor responsibilities.
If you have questions, please call the Community Services Office at (641) 792-6622 ext. 2304.
|Aurora Shelter 9:00 am to 3:00 pm||Aurora Park||$35.00|
|Aurora Shelter 4:00 pm to 10:00 pm||Aurora Park||$35.00|
|Log Cabin 9:00 am to 3:00 pm||Maytag Park||$30.00|
|Log Cabin 4:00 pm to 10:00 pm||Maytag Park||$30.00|
|South Shelter 9:00 am to 3:00 pm||Maytag Park||$35.00|
|South Shelter 4:00 am to 10:00 pm||Maytag Park||$35.00|
|West Shelter 9:00 am to 3:00 pm||Maytag Park||$40.00|
|West Shelter 4:00 pm to 10:00 pm||Maytag Park||$40.00|
|Pool Pavilion 9:00 am to 3:00 pm||Maytag Park||$45.00|
|Pool Pavilion 4:00 pm to 10:00 pm||Maytag Park||$45.00|
|Sunset Shelter 9:00 am to 3:00 pm||Sunset Park||$30.00|
|Sunset Shelter 4:00 pm to 10:00 pm||Sunset Park||$30.00|
|Woodland Shelter 9:00 am to 3:00 pm||Woodland Park||$40.00|
|Woodland Shelter 4:00 pm to 10:00 pm||Woodland Park||$40.00|