Overview of Licenses & Permits
Below is a list of licenses and permits handled by the City Clerk's office at City Hall.
Liquor Licenses, Beer & Wine Permits
- Find information for liquor licenses and beer & wine permits.
- Please contact Newton City Hall at (641) 792-2787 to find out information regarding Cigarette Licenses. Renewal letters will be mailed out around May 1.
Peddler, Solicitor & Transient Merchant Licenses
- A peddlers, solicitors & transient merchants license is required in the City. You must bring the completed application along with $50.00 and two forms of ID for each individual that will be selling.
- Complete to apply for a license if you are a secondhand dealer, pawnbroker or salvage sales.
Street Closure > Block Party
- Complete the application and submit with $25 or $50 fee to Newton City Hall; 101 W 4th St S; Newton, Iowa 50208.
Street Closure > Parade
- Complete the application and submit with $20 fee to Newton City Hall; 101 W 4th St S; Newton, Iowa 50208.
Additional Licenses & Permits
Other City of Newton departments and divisions require licenses and permits (including building, electrical, pet, etc.). A comprehensive list is available.