Newton Farmers' Market
The market will be on the downtown square starting June 2nd through September 29th from 4 - 6:30 pm. We will be in a temporary location for the 2020 season on the North side of 2nd Ave in front of the stores extending from Uncle Nancy’s to Farmers Wife and around the corner to the North. By the request of State of Iowa, each vendor will maintain at least 6 feet of distance between each other.
We are encouraging social distancing; we are asking customers that they proceed in a one-way direction with a starting point in front of Uncle Nancy’s and the exit being around the corner to the North of Farmers Wife. We ask that you please allow 6 ft distance between you and the customer in front of you.
By the request of Governor Reynolds proclamation, there will no events at the market, including but not limited to: tasting of any kind, chef demonstrations, live music performances, face painting, kids activities, etc., at this time. This is subject to change as the season progresses and restrictions change.
We have some new expectations for customers to follow this year. We want to maintain a healthy and safe market for you as a customer and for our vendors. Below is a list of the guidelines we ask that you follow.
- STAY HOME; if you have had a fever in the last 3 days, been ill, are showing signs of respiratory illness, or been around an individual who tested positive for COVID-19.
- Use hand sanitizer; customers will be encouraged to use hand sanitizer upon entering the market area.
- Face masks; customers are encouraged to wear face masks while attending the market.
- One shopper per household; customers will be encouraged to leave family members at home and come alone to the market if they are able.
- Keep your social distance; maintain 6 feet of social distance
- Follow posted signage; as mentioned, we will have an entrance and exit as well as one-way traffic and signage posted. Please proceed through the market in an appropriate manner.
- Do not bring reusable bags; we are encouraging customers to not bring their reusable bags currently.
- NO loitering; customers are encouraged to make their purchase at the market and encouraged to proceed to their cars or their homes. We ask that conversation(s) be kept to a minimum at this time.
- Leave pets at home; we ask that you leave your furry friends at home to help decrease the congestion on the sidewalks.
- Point to pick; customers will be asked not to touch the products, but instead to point to the preferred product, and the vendor will put it in your bag.
Important messages and updates about the Newton Farmer’s Market will be made on the Newton Main Street Facebook page.