Central Iowa: HIRTA is resuming collection of fares Monday 7/13/2020.
HIRTA staff continue to work diligently to ensure our customers and drivers remain as safe as possible by continuing the following:
- Regular disinfecting of frequently touched surfaces
- Encouraging riders and requiring drivers to wear masks when riding HIRTA.
- Blocking off certain seating areas on buses to encourage riders to practice social distancing as much as possible.
- Each bus is equipped with disinfectant spray/wipes to use as needed, hand sanitizer and masks. If you board without a face-covering our drivers will have one to give you.
- If using a mobility device, person should turn head away from the driver and not talk to them while they are securing the device
In addition to the above, we have also installed a safety shield between the driver and the fare collection container, which will help with social distancing between the driver and rider.
HIRTA’s Executive Director, Julia Castillo is committed to operating service to ensure residents can depend on us as a reliable transportation option in these unpredictable times. She says “HIRTA is doing our best to keep riders and drivers safe, however, each person has a responsibility too. We encourage everyone to practice healthy habits, like washing hands and staying home if sick. HIRTA continues to monitor the situation as we provide service in each of our communities, and will make adjustments as needed to safeguard both drivers and riders “.
Due to social distancing on the buses, we will have more limited service, so we may not be able to accommodate your exact request, we will offer times when we can accommodate your request. In-town trip fare is $2.50 in-town and $5.00 in-county. Right now, In-county trips are being limited to specific days and times. Same day trips may be available, however, we encourage advanced reservations.
To schedule a trip or for more information, call 1-877-686-0029 or email email@example.com