On April 4, the library’s catalog will no longer be updated by library staff and actions performed by patrons within their online accounts will not be updated in our system (i.e., renewals, holds, phone number updates, etc.). Library staff ask that patrons stop using the online catalog after April 4th and call the library for renewals, holds, and account updates.
On Monday, April 17, our new library catalog will go live and a redirect link will be available on our old catalog’s website. Our website will be updated to include the link to our new catalog for patrons to use and access. The link will be posted on all of our social media channels as well. Libby and Overdrive will be available the entire time the library’s catalog is “down” between April 4th - April 17th. Patrons are welcome to visit the library and checkout materials April 5th – April 8th.
Things that ARE NOT changing in the new library software:
- Library cards and your library card number
- Libby/Overdrive holds, checkouts, log-in credentials or notifications
- Due dates and loan periods for library materials
- Reservations made in the Iowa Adventure Pass Program
- Library’s website
What patrons can do to help library staff during the software migration:
- Update your library card. We may ask you twice, but we want to make sure your account is ready for text and email notifications from the new system!
- Call the library staff with any questions or concerns: 641-792-4108.
- Be polite and patient. Library staff are working diligently to make a smooth transition between technologies and all of our in-house procedures are changing. Cataloging, Inter-Library loan, and holds may take a little bit longer than normal.